6.02.2014

Playing With Fabric Manipulation

Happy Monday to my lovely readers!  I know this blog has been kind of non-existent lately and I have not been posting regular outfit photos, but I will say that I am seriously devoting all my spare time to learning fashion draping currently.  I am currently in the process of learning basic draping by making muslins and from learning from real instructors online.  I will share with you the amazing place I am learning from in a few days as it is truly the only online resource that has fashion school instructors teaching online.  :)  Anyways, I took a break from basic draping and decided to mess directly with good fabric and let the fabric form a shape of its own entirely and it ended up looking like this.  The only bad thing, is that since I have no idea what I am doing, once I take this off, I will not be able to re-create this as it looks right now since I don't have enough fabric at the back of the dress.  Oh well... I will figure this out soon enough!  


Dress in progress...

So, what have you all been up to lately?  I wish I had more time to blog, but I am so crazy busy these days.  I think once a week posts are going to be the norm for a while unfortunately.  Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!  




 

9 comments:

  1. That dress looks amazing


    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see u back on blogger..
    U have cum such a long way with stitching, I still remember your first post where you write your passion for making garments :)
    If I am correct u wanted to open a esty shop, have you done it !!
    All the best fir the dress in progress
    Have a great week
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pooja! I appreciate your words so much and I am planning to open my shop up this Fall sometime!

      Delete
  3. So amazing doll, the shape is gorgeous. I hope you have a great week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the design of this dress Pip...it's so cute... ♡

    I only have time to post once a week too... life is busy but I do love to write ♥

    Have an awesome week ahead girl ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. We trying to get back to the weekly posts, we've got a lot going on now. That dress looks great so far, would love to see it when you're done. Good luck with everything, and look forward to the posts.

    Take care,
    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are great at what you are doing! I like how you tackle the problem or rather issue to lear how to sew and solve it. Very good job! So far you have done great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Very! Beautiful dress, I am delighted

    Come visit →PANAMA ASTI
    post comments or reviews... Me will be very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking really good. I kinda want this dress! :D <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit and to comment on my blog! I really do appreciate you stopping by. :)