5.20.2014

Travel Expert Kendra Thornton's Fashion Challenge!

Hello my dearest readers!  Today I have a fun Fashion Challenge that I was asked to participate in by the beautiful
Travel Expert, Kendra Thornton.



This is the first time I have done this sort of post on my blog, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did putting it together.  Below, I styled three looks for her to choose from for this challenge and hopefully she will love one of them and feel super glamorous on her getaway.  Here is a little description of the challenge from Kendra herself for you to read to get the scoop on how the challenge is supposed to go.  

Don't forget to let me know which look is your favorite too down below in the comments!  


Here is the challenge that was emailed to me by Kendra in detail.

"My husband always does something special. This year, he began planning early, and I just found out I'm headed to Miami for a wonderful romantic getaway. I couldn't be more excited. Every day I look at pictures and things to do in Miami on gogobot. We are staying in South Beach, which is one of the trendiest areas. From the art deco buildings to the little cafes and hot dance clubs, I know we'll have a great time. However, I need a little fashion help. Here's some details to get you started. The first stop is South Beach. I love this area. There are so many places to shop, eat, dance or grab a cup of gelatto. It's one of those areas that always has something different but always looks the same too. The beach is spectacular, and we are actually going to be staying on the beach at the Delano South Beach Hotel. This gorgeous luxury hotel is absolutely beautiful from the inside out. From the infinity pool that leads out to the beach to the rooftop spa, there are so many things to do just at our hotel alone. I can't thank my husband enough for picking it out on  HYPERLINK "http://www.gogobot.com/greater-miami-florida--hotels."
He also did something extra special for me because of the holiday. He got me a complete spa day at Club Essentia. This spa is totally different from any other spa in Miami because it's on a 3,200 rooftop overlooking the beach and city. At the spa, you can get all kinds of beauty and wellness treatments like oxygen facials, massage therapy and cellulite procedures. I can't wait to have a full day of relaxation and head out to the beach or go out dancing. Speaking of which, I would love a gorgeous new swimwear ensemble to take with me to the spa and then go right out for some relaxation in the golden sand. 
There are a variety of clubs along South Beach as well as unique little restaurants known for their amazing chefs. I would love an outfit just to wear out one evening that completely drives my husband crazy. I can't wait to go on this trip to Miami and hope that you all partake in my challenge. I would be so grateful for the help". 

Outfit #1 
Poolside Chic

- This sophisticated, exotic, yet classy beachwear look will allow Kendra to go from beach to a nice lunch somewhere while allowing her to not have to worry about changing.  The glamorous dress/coverup is so endearing and will be a true summer wardrobe staple for many years.  

Sophisticated Beach Attire



Flora Bella brown handbag
calypsostbarth.com




white square :D
dotphoto.com





Outfit #2
Dinner And Dancing

-Kendra wanted something sexy to knock her husband's socks off for a night out.  While a lot of men may not like leopard print, what is not to love about this deep plunging neckline and sleek silhouette?!  With Kendra's blonde hair, she will radiate in this dress.  

Date Night


Finders Keepers mini dress
$260 - harveynichols.com


Dorothy Perkins black sandals
dorothyperkins.com



Miss Selfridge accessory
missselfridge.com


white square :D
dotphoto.com





Outfit #3
Daytime Attire
- A long maxi dress in a fun print is perfect for the atmosphere in Miami and flats are a must for walking around during the daytime on vacation.  With the bold print and lots of pretty colors, accessories can be kept to a minimum with simple studs in a shade to match the pretty blues in the dress.  

Daytime Summer Vacation



Wedge heel sandals
modcloth.com


Flora Bella metallic tote bag
calypsostbarth.com


MARC BY MARC JACOBS disc stud earrings
$67 - harveynichols.com


Ray-Ban wayfarer style glasses
piperlime.gap.com


white square :D
dotphoto.com






Well, this wraps up today's Fashion Challenge and I hope Kendra loves these looks and gets some inspiration for her getaway!  You can check out Kendra's Twitter Page for more info and gain some of her Expert Travel Tips HERE!




19 comments:

  1. These are all such cute outfits! I love the second one best :) The dress is lovely and so are those shoes.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three outfits you chose are perfect for a certain occasion. I would buy the white dress for myself because it is versatile. I wish I could go to Miami but I plan to visit NC in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of these looks, very chic and elegant.I would wear them myself :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such pretty outfits you have put together , loved the beach one . its so different . everywear i see i find only the fun beach attire but this one is so elegant
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your dress choices Pip... the white one is really sweet... and yay to going away to Miami... have lots and lots of fun... relax and have more fun... that is wonderful... have a great day girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All collages are beautiful and sophisticated well done cannot pick one like them all.
    http://tifi11.blogsspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pip, love the idea of this challenge and you have kicked it out of the fashion park with your sensational styling, I love all three looks but that second one stole my heart! I appreciate that you always take the time to stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I Love that Harvey Nichols dress! The Styling is perfect for a getaway to Miami! You have nailed it with these outfits for the challenge!

    Have a great day.

    ~ Seepz
    http://www.savoirstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the items you chose look really lovely! Great job on this post dear.



    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook (i follow back, just let me know your links)


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. PIp
    Wow, really nailed the challenge, I love all of the outfits you created and want that cool suit by Trina Turk!
    I would also love to start my summer in that Harvey Nichols dress!
    Fabulous!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle,

      Seriously, I appreciate your comment as always and I so want that dress too!

      Pip

      Delete
  11. These pictures are all beautiful
    www.chilishake.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your suggestions Pip! You've decided so wisely!
    Love Nilu Yuleena,
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth BLOG
    BIG hair LOUD mouth FACEBOOK page
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Pip. Great sets. The 2nd is my fave. I would totally wear that dancing. I hope you win. Good luck dear. Hugs

    cranberrytantrum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn,

      Hello! Thanks so much sweetie! I will stop by to visit soon.

      Pip

      Delete
  14. I love all of these - you could totally be my personal stylist and I'd be happy! Although I'm quite short so finding a maxi dress that I don't trip over is always a challenge. I feel like the bigger leopard print pattern makes it look really classy and elegant. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      That is really sweet of you to say and you can always email me if you need any styling advice or have questions! Also, just a FYI... I am in the process of developing a high fashion line just for small petite women, and the fact that you mentioned never being able to find a maxi dress you don't trip over, is really a major issue. So, I will have maxi dresses in my line in the future as I know it totally stinks! I am 5 foot myself, so I get it. :)

      Pip

      Delete
  15. I fell in love with the white dress from the 1 outfit ! So beautiful!

    www.fashion-utopia.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sophisticated beach attire. I either go for surfer chic or sophisticated ann. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit and to comment on my blog! I really do appreciate you stopping by. :)